Recipe Faves | Easy "School" Breakfast Muffins & Casserole

Tomorrow starts our "school year" routine, whether I'm ready or not!  So, I decided that today was the perfect day to cook up two of our favorite easy school morning breakfast recipes -- though, now I'm thinking I probably set the bar a little too high for myself for the rest of the school year!  {Surely they won't think they will have these every day, right??}  Either way, there are few things that I've tried that are any easier to prepare that will actually keep the kids full until their lunch time!  So, I'm going to share these two favorite recipes with you!  {Keep scrolling for recipes}




Sausage Muffins

Ingredients:  1lb sausage (cooked), 1c bisquick, 1c shredded cheddar cheese, 4 eggs (beaten)
Directions:  Mix all 4 ingredients...place them in a muffin pan (I love to use my washable cupcake liners, because these don't stick at all, and it keeps my pan from needing all of that scrubbing later!).  Bake at 350* for approx. 25-30 minutes, until fluffy and golden brown.  These are like little "sausage balls" without having to get your hands all messy!!  We love these!  I let them cool and then throw them in a ziplock bag or container, and store in the fridge until we are ready to reheat them in the microwave for a few seconds at breakfast.  (Even the kids can do that!)

Breakfast Casserole


Ingredients:  1lb sausage (cooked), 1-2c shredded cheddar cheese, 6 eggs (beaten), 1 pkg canned biscuits, 1/4c milk
Directions:  Spray bottom of casserole dish with non-stick spray.  Cut canned biscuit dough into 1/4 pieces and place in the bottom of the dish.  Sprinkle cooked sausage over biscuit layer.  Cover sausage/biscuit layer with shredded cheese.  In a separate bowl mix milk, eggs, and salt/pepper (if desired), then pour egg mixture over the other layers. Bake at 350* for approx. 25-30 minutes, until fluffy and golden brown.  If you don't get the eggs mixed well enough, you may see the "white" of the egg in your casserole (as mine shows above), but don't worry...it's still SUPER delicious!  Even the kids love this!  Store in fridge and heat individual pieces as wanted for breakfast (or whenever).  **I sometimes add green chilis to the egg mixture sometimes for a little extra flavor...the kids don't care for that, so I usually save half "plain" for them.**


FTC Disclosure

At times, I receive products and/or services compliments of various companies. I always commit to sharing an honest review. I often talk about it here, especially if I feel my readers will enjoy it, as well. I am also a member of the Amazon affiliate program. This means if you purchase an item from a link I provide to the shop, I will receive an affiliate commission. I only share products and/or services that I would use or feel are a good fit for my readers.

Let's Work Together

Do you have a product or service that would fit well with my blog? I periodically do product and/or service reviews here. I also love to do giveaways for my readers! If you would like to get in touch with me, I would love to hear from you. Contact me here. I look forward to hearing from you!