Recipe Fave | Easy Fruit Salad

I wanted to guilt-free, dessert-worthy fruit salad for our playdate yesterday.  We were going to have 8 kids from age 2 to 9, and 2 moms...I needed a quick and easy, and also easy on the grocery budget, side to go with our lunch.  I looked through my old faithful book of recipes that I've added to over the last 10-12 years, and I found the yummy fruit salad recipe a sweet lady from my old church had shared with me, and decided to give it a try!


It takes minimal time, inexpensive ingredients, goes far, and tastes amazing!  It was totally a hit with everyone today, and I didn't mind giving out seconds, since it was a good-for-you treat.  So, in case you would like to change it up a bit and try a new recipe for easy fruit salad, here it is:

Ingredients:
1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup orange juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges (drained)
3-4 chopped, unpeeled apples
2-3 sliced bananas
(optional, sliced strawberries)

Directions:
Drain pineapple reserving 3/4 cup of juice.  In a saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch.  Add pineapple juice, orange juice, and lemon juice.  Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 1 minute longer.  Remove from heat and set aside.  In a large bowl, combine pineapple chunks, (drained) mandarin oranges, (chopped) apples, & (sliced) bananas.  Pour warm sauce over the fruit; stir gently to coat.  Cover and refrigerate.

**I added sliced strawberries as an optional, but tasty ingredient...it gave it a great flavor addition, as well as more color!**

ENJOY!!!

FTC Disclosure

At times, I receive products and/or services compliments of various companies. I always commit to sharing an honest review. I often talk about it here, especially if I feel my readers will enjoy it, as well. I am also a member of the Amazon affiliate program. This means if you purchase an item from a link I provide to the shop, I will receive an affiliate commission. I only share products and/or services that I would use or feel are a good fit for my readers.

Let's Work Together

Do you have a product or service that would fit well with my blog? I periodically do product and/or service reviews here. I also love to do giveaways for my readers! If you would like to get in touch with me, I would love to hear from you. Contact me here. I look forward to hearing from you!